10/03/2015

Creativity in Dumfries and Galloway

I've just returned from a trip up north to visit my family in Dumfries and Galloway, I always forget how beautiful the scenery is.  The weather was pretty droll for a few days but the sun did shine for some of my trip.  I lived in this area until I moved to Glasgow to study at the age of seventeen so it has lots of lovely childhood memories for me.

http://217.199.187.62/barendholidayvillage.co.uk/images/Gallery/gallery9.jpg
Allan Wright Photography - Lock Ken
http://www.dumfriesandgallowaycreative.co.uk/sites/default/files/imagecache/port_img_desc/business/portfolio/text-with-img/allan-wright/gallo-10.jpg
Allan Wright Photography - Carrick Shore
Whilst I was visiting I attended one of my Moms workshops in Journal Making

I like to think that I am green and recycle as much as I can, but I feel guilty that I've been throwing away so much cardboard!  We learnt how to use discarded cereal boxes,bits of cardboard, old wrapping papers etc
https://www.facebook.com/ruthie.redden.artworks/photos/a.154157684638254.45281.153317484722274/825696780817671/?type=1&theater

After this workshop I really am inspired to keep as much cardboard waste as possible and make journals, sketchbooks and whatever else I can from it!  It really is such a waste to just throw it away.  Especially when you can create unique and beautiful items that would cost so much to buy new!  Right I'm off to make a sketchbook before Freya wakes!!  



No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts