01/09/2008

History


 My Textiles

Over the course of the last two years since moving to Bristol I have started to exhibit my work more as pieces of individual art rather then Textile Designs. Each piece I create is individual and could not be reproduced. I use foil, flocking, stitching and many ad hoc ideas to finish of my work. I currently have a website - www.hannahredden.co.uk which shows my early work. I will start using this Blog though to showcase my new work as I like the freedom of updating my work as is develops.


To date I have taken part in various local events, Hotwells Paintings on the Railings, Easton Arts Trail, Bristol Creatives event at Circomedia - http://www.circomedia.com/, In Bristol Open Studio events, Trowbridge Textile Festival . . . .


I joined Bristol Creatives not long after moving to Bristol, it has really helped me to connect with the arts scene in Bristol and offers a lot of help for up and coming artists - http://www.bristolcreatives.co.uk/ This is where I found out about my studio space - http://www.inbristol.org/


Extract taken from the Website . . . . .


In Bristol Studio
In Bristol Studios are based in an 1830’s Cotton Mill just off Feeder Road in Barton Hill. We offer fully equipped work space for woodwork, ceramics, print and textiles with a variety of sized units to rent from 60-100 sq-ft. Prices start from £27 per week all inclusive.

We also offer a Pay As You Go service where non-members can use the facilities for a daily or weekly rate. There are opportunities to run workshops and classes from our exhibition space and we will be holding open studios annually with collective shows planned throughout the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts